Smokey Eyes & Glowing Skin
Before we start, go grab a snack, a drink and your most comfy clothes we gonna be here a while. I apologise!
Smokey eyes & Glowing Skin
If there's one thing I love it is a good old smokey eye with skin highlighted to the gods! After filling my brain with tutorials from my favourite You tubers such as Casey Holmes, Nikkie Tutorials, Tati Westbrook, Manny MUA, Laura Lee, Jeffree Star, Kathleen Lights, Jaclyn Hill, Lustre Lux... I could go on forever there are so many amazing You tubers who have helped me understand make up a lot better.
Just as a small disclaimer I am no make up artist, nor do I have any make up qualifications. I just have an overwhelming passion for make up and love creating looks on myself and others.
Right GIRL!!! Quit all the blah blah blah and get on with it.
Now if there is one thing I love, it is a good old smokey eye with that is highlighted to the gods. You gonna see me shining from miles away. If you take anything from this post regarding make up or this look, then let it be that eyeshadow should be done before your base makeup. This will prevent any fall out from the eyeshadows you may use resting on your completed face, because trust me babe trying to wipe this sucker away isn't easy.
Okay so lets get on with the tutorial..!
1.'Its all about the base, bout base':
Your base is always important. By this I mean your skincare or skin prep before the war paint goes on! Once my bare face is all cleaned, I have recently been using the Olay Anti-Wrinkle Firm & Lift Serum this stuff feels amazing on the skin, it is so silky soft it creates a great base for make up. Next is a newer product to me, it is the L'Oréal Paris Skin Perfection Anti-Fatigue Eye Cream it has a tint to it which helps to brighten and conceal the under eye darkness. Now when it comes to primer, it depends on the make up look to which I use. I always reach for the Primark Primer Water, now everyone and their dog knows about the SmashBox one which is amazing, but for the small price of £2-£2.50 (I have put this as I have purchased it at both prices for some reason) this product is amazing. I finally then reach for L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique Primer to give the skin a nice glow. Looking back at this now it looks like a hell load of steps but it is really quick, honestly! If needed I then grab my trusty Lasting Perfection Concealer Correction Green for the small price of £4.19 I swear by this and the original concealer. This has worked wonders on the volcanic eruption I have had on my chin and forehead recently.
2. Smoke them eyes out GIRL, smoke it!
Now this girl wishes she had money to burn on all the amazing palettes from Anastasia Beverly Hills, Too Faced and so on. But your girl is on a budget and can not get enough of AFFORDABLE makeup that is worth it. MY heart if with Make Up Revolution, there products especially their eyeshadow palettes are crazy! Super affordable, highly pigmented, and so easy to blend. Below is a step-by-step pictures of the look I created using the Make Up Revolution Flawless Matte palette and Iconic Pro 1.
1. Take a small amount of concealer and apply to the eye all the way up to the brow bone, and set this with a white/cream shade to aid in the blending process.
2. Blend a soft light orange shade into your crease using a blending brush & window wiper motions making sure you blend from inner corner to outer corner, build this to your desired intensity.
3. Place a light brown on the outer corner and blend this in circular motions and once blended take what is left on the brush gently through the crease. Again build until you reach your desired intensity.
4. Grab a dark chocolate brown, again placing it in the outer corner and blending using circular motions. Remember at any stage you can go back to the soft light orange to blend the crease to make everything seamless.
5. On a smaller blending brush take a small amount of black and smoke this close to the outer lash line to intensify the smokey look.
6. On a flat concealer brush place a small amount of concealer on the inner corner and across half of the lid of the eye, this is where the shimmer is going to be place and using the concealer will clean up the area.
7. Pack on a shimmery gold using a flat shader brush on top of the concealer that you just put on and blended out. Pack this colour on until you are happy with the intensity.
8. Final step for the top of the eyes, YAY!! take a pencil brush with a small amount of the dark chocolate brown and gently blend this over where the shimmer shade meets the darker shades.
3. Paint that war paint on girl, PAINT IT!
As seen in the picture above, the next couple of things are the war paint we are about to paint on our face! My foundation base was a combination of the Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless Liquid Foundation & Kiko Daily Protection BB Cream, for concealer I use Mac Pro Longwear Concealer in the shade NC15 to highlight and brighten the under eye area, you always want your concealer to be two shades lighter than your skin tone to help brighten. I set this all in place with the Make Up Revolution Banana Powder, once this is done I move on to contour & bronze using the Freedom Highlight & Contour Kit & Benefit Hoola Bronzer. For blush I gently tapped my brush into the Make Up Revolution Now! & Treat blushers and lightly swept that over the apple of my cheeks and back. ( PS HUNS!! These blushes are £1, you heard me right £1!) Finally we are on to highlighter.... SO I dip my brush into the Make Up Obsession Eyeshadow in Champagne and apply this to the high points of my cheeks, bridge of my nose, tip of my nose, brow bone and above my eyebrow arch. Apply your favourite mascara and false eyelashes are optional, I am still yet to master the art of applying them without gluing my eye together!
Last TWO steps I promise, this is going on forever I apologise sincerely! Lips are next and I take my MUA Lipstick in Shade 11 again £1, its crazy I know! Now you have plastered your face to an inch of its life, jokes it wasn't that much really. You want to set it all in place so it does no go no where! I reach for the Makeup Revolution Illuminating Fixing Spray to fix everything in place and to add more of a glow to the face, if we haven't got enough already.
Hope you enjoyed reading this mammoth tutorial, I need to invest in a camera to record, will save me boring your ears and eyes off.